a publication of the Space Force Association
The SFA Magazine, a publication of the Space Force Association (SFA), focuses on educating the public about the United States Space Force (USSF), its Guardians and their family members, ensuring that military and civilian leaders have the knowledge needed for critical decision-making, while providing information on programs and policies that affect military and industry leaders.
- SFA Hosts Space Warfighter Talk with Maj. Gen. Gagnon: A Discussion on Space Force Intelligence and Future ConflictsExplore the role of space readiness in modern warfare with Maj. Gen. Gregory Gagnon, Deputy Chief of Space Operations for Intelligence.
- The Space Force Association Endorses the Space Force Legacy Guardian Recognition Act H.R.5071 – 118th CongressThe Space Force Association (SFA) proudly announces its endorsement of the United States Code to authorize the Secretary of the Air Force to designate certain separated members of the Air Force as honorary separated members of the Space Force.
- SFA President Bill Woolf moderates Webinar on Collaborative Endeavors of Quadrilateral Space ForceDelve into the insights from a crucial webinar that underscores the evolving partnership, mutual security, and technological strides achieved through public-private cooperation in the space domain. Uncover the shared endeavors to ensure peace, prosperity, and stability in space, and witness how like-minded nations and their commercial counterparts inspire each other’s growth and innovation.
- A Strategic Imperative For Space Superiority: Responsive SpaceliftIn the space domain, the United States Space Force must recognize the need for rapid reconstitution and augmentation of space-based capabilities to maintain an advantage. This article explores the concept of the OODA Loop and its application in space operations, the challenges of responsive spacelift, and the importance of proactive on-orbit reconstitution. It also delves into a brief historical perspective of launch systems, the future considerations for operability and resiliency, and why rapid force reconstitution in space should be a critical national priority.
- Hon. Frank Calvelli Focuses on Space Acquisition Speed and TrainingHonorable Frank Calvelli, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, emphasizes the need for speed in space acquisition and integration to transform space architecture into a more diversified, proliferated, and resilient system.
- Cultivating the Guardian Spirit of Mission CommandCulture is inevitable. It will develop whether we make it a focus or not; therefore, we must be intentional. An organization’s culture is a collection of normalized values, expectations, and behaviors dictated by the unit’s roles and responsibilities. Culture shapes how we execute the mission. The U.S. Space Force’s culture is under construction. Our senior leaders are prioritizing its development as we look to advance our lethality through more creative leadership approaches like mission command.
SFA Magazine Submissions
SFA welcomes opinion articles for publication in an upcoming issue of The SFA Magazine. Articles must be exclusive to SFA Magazine and are only accepted by SFA members. Not a member? Join today.
Articles should be 800 words or less, with optional photo submission. Topics may include, but are not limited to: insightful commentary and opinion on the current issues USSF faces, well-reasoned analysis, industry and historical perspectives, and other articles of interest.
Advertise Or Sponsor An Issue Of The SFA Magazine:
Visit our sponsorship page for ad rates and sponsorship opportunities.
More From SFA Magazine
- SFA Hosts Space Warfighter Talk with Maj. Gen. Gagnon: A Discussion on Space Force Intelligence and Future Conflicts
- The Space Force Association Endorses the Space Force Legacy Guardian Recognition Act H.R.5071 – 118th Congress
- SFA President Bill Woolf moderates Webinar on Collaborative Endeavors of Quadrilateral Space Force
- A Strategic Imperative For Space Superiority: Responsive Spacelift
- Hon. Frank Calvelli Focuses on Space Acquisition Speed and Training
- Cultivating the Guardian Spirit of Mission Command
- 392d Combat Training Squadron Meets CSO’s Intent with Expanded Exercise Program
- Thirty-six General Officer Billets Needed to build the Space Force Leadership Bench
- Lindsey Heroux Making History and Honoring a Legacy
- Dr. Manjit Pope recognized for trailblazing work in space research and technology
- Collective Defense And Coordinated Response Capability Critical To Preventing Threats According To One Of UK’s Leading Rocket Scientists
- Think Global on Space Security Cooperation
- CSO Prioritizes a Resilient Ready Combat Credible Force
- True Warfighters? A Space Force Association in-depth look at SPACE FLAG 23-1
Join the SFA
The Space Force Association is a way to get involved in the space community, inform policy, network with military, industry, and academic leaders, and create lasting partnerships for both individual and organizational benefit. The Space Force Association combines the expertise of senior leaders, operators, seasoned professionals, young people with fresh ideas, and anyone else on the space spectrum to create an organization that is committed to sustaining US dominance in space.
Benefits of Membership
- Early access to Space Warfighter Talks, Space Innovation Talks, and other audio and video exclusives
- Discount tickets to SFA-hosted events
- Direct access to our network of government, industry, and educational partners
- Vocational education and unique job opportunities from our corporate members
- A chance to amplify your voice in the debate over the future of the national space enterprise!